Updated: Aug 6
From the Hebridean Baker
Prep: 20 min / Cooking: 20 min / Serves: 4
Recipe From: Coinneach MacLeod, The Hebridean Baker. From The Hebridean Baker: Recipes and Wee Stories from the Scottish Islands.
60g Soft brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
80g Self-raising flour
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2) Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and honey until light and fluffy.
3) Next beat in the egg
4) Fold in the flour and oats.
5) Stir in the raspberries.
6) Pour the mix into a lined square baking tin and bake for 20 to 25 mins.
7) Once cooled, cut into slices and dust with icing sugar.
Coinneach MacLeod, the Hebridean Baker, was born and raised on the Isle of Lewis. Inspired by traditional family recipes and homegrown produce, Coinneach launched the Hebridean Baker on Tiktok. Ten million video views (and counting!) later, Coinneach has inspired his followers to bake, forage, learn Gaelic, have a dram or two of whisky and to lead a more wholesome, simple life. His cookbook ‘Hebridean Baker’ will be released in September and is available for signed pre-order here