Updated: Dec 16, 2021
Bring that homely feeling on a plate to your friends and family with this delightful recipe for Amity Fish
This particular dish is a favourite among staff at Amity Fish and Taste Magazine. Created by Amity’s very own team member, Stella, this pie is one she makes at home all the time for her
own family and friends. Amity Fish works hard to provide the highest quality fish you can find, so be sure to check out their range.
Prep 30 min Cooking time 1 Hour Cooks 4 portions
For Fish Pie:
450g ‘Luxury Fish Pie Mix’ from Amity
500ml milk for sauce + extra for poaching
50g plain flour
150g extra mature cheddar
1 egg – optional
For Vegetable Hash Side:
1 broccoli head
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
3 medium potatoes
1 handful of mushrooms
Salt and pepper
FOR FISH PIE:
1. Using a large pot, start by poaching the fi sh in milk until it is no longer translucent. Use enough milk to cover the fish. Once the fish is done, set it aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and add our to create a roux. Gradually add milk (from the poached fish) and whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth.
3. Add the grated cheese and continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
4. Add the cheese sauce and the fish to a pie dish and set aside to cool.
5. Roll out the puff pastry to fit the pie dish and place on top. Brush beaten egg on the puff pastry, so it crisps nicely on top.
6. Add the cheese sauce and the fish to a pie dish and set aside to cool. Cook in the oven for 45 min – 1 hour depending on the size of the dish.
7. Serve and enjoy!
FOR VEGETABLE HASH SIDE:
1. Chop the vegetables to roughly the same sized pieces.
2. Lay them out in a large baking tray. Add a good glug of olive oil and the salt, pepper, aromat and mixed herbs.
RECIPE FROM: Stella Clark, Finance Director at Amity Fish
Photos Provided by: Jenna Urquhart